I'm not a very good boyscout mom...I can never remember what this pine-wood-box-car-derby- thingy is actually called but I can re-tell the process for you! It went something like this:
The derby-majigger was a couple days away, Pete had been swamped with classes, tests, observations etc! We hadn't seen him much at all, and we needed a car...fast! Pete is not handy with the tools, not to mention we don't have any tools BUT super-dad managed to make a car (and Pete doesn't do anything half-a**)! The process was PAINFUL...for all of us! Carson wanted to help but we were under too tight of a schedule to have that happen, so he had to watch...this is how he felt about that:
Exhibit #1

Exhibit #2

Spirits were MUCH higher the night of the derbythingy. Carson and his best friend watched each race and cheered for all their troopmates (??)

Kendall was there too because as she tells us
daily, "I love boys"


All the boys did a great job!
**I have to say that as a mature, responsible mom, but it is actually true too~


It came down to 2 cars: Carson v. Tanner

Pete and Justin (Tanner's dad) were a wee bit excited too! ((NERDS))


That blur would be
my boy's car...the handywork of
my husband!

YEP, he won 1st place for his troop!

He was a bit excited....but he did an awesome job being a good sport!


I would have been proud no matter what, but mama loves to see her boy this happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment